Thursday, July 30, 2009

Soccer Camp

Here are some shots of punk at soccer camp w/ the UC team. I was hoping she'd be with kids a bit older, as she will only play to the ability of her peers, but she is learning ball control. And she's having a total blast... She claims to love soccer, so it looks like we're in it for another year.

I am secretly thrilled, as this is my favorite sport!!!


There was only one incident of whining for a band aid. How can a kid be so darn tough & take the knocks that she does get taken down by a PRE-blister? The world may never know. And I love her anyway. As aggravated as I get for her hanging on the coach or limping to jockey for goalie (her fav position), I"m ultimately proud that she has the guts to get out there & do it. She'll take a ball in the face & stay in the game. She'll hang back and assist a team mate score (sharing the glory was a big accomplishment!). She's brave in ways that I never was and I'm grateful that I'm here to support her. Even if I do cheer too loud at soccer games!
Rock on Soccer Queen;-)

PS Scot, I mentioned that she owes you a Killer Drill and I got the look of death. Forget grounding! I'm stepping up discipline to include Killer Drills, ha ha ha!

No comments: