Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Lovin...

Yuperuni, we are LOVIN' summer here on Maple Valley Farm.

What I love about summer (aside from the HEAT) is that there is life EVERYWHERE! Everywhere I turn around there is new growth in every nook and cranny. The chicks are growing, the garden is growing, the kids are growing, bird nests abound, and we find new adventures every day:)


We have been watching these little birdies for a while... today, all but one left the nest. Peewees maybe?

The garden is fun to watch. Little Man and I measure and count the cucumbers daily... He's super excited about making pickles. Me too!

Equally exciting are the tomatoes! I LOVE fresh tomatoes out of the garden... Right now, we're getting one every three day so or so, but it won't be long until we're overrun.

The melon and squash mound is looking promising!


Now, onto crafting and upcycling. Do you know we love crafting? Well, we do:) We also love flip flops... they're so... so... SUMMER! $2 flip flops from Walmart plus a bunch of scrap material = scrappy flip flops!

I'm not even going to post a tutorial on this one because it's SO easy. Just cut strips and tie knots. BAM! Cutie patootie flip flops. I chose black and my Diva chose blue. She's still working on hers. I am diggin mine:)

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs....
 

We love to tear things up. Especially when we can call it an "upcycle." In the name of repurposeful awesomeness, we tore up a pallet. Then we painted with a bunch of leftover paint I keep in the cellar.

I chose a long sign and Wild Man chose a smaller piece to paint black. Then he painted precut wood letters and we glued them on the little piece. You like? Momma thinks he did a great job. Again, totally not biased here!

Summer is all about exploring... and Miss Thang has discovered that she loves to explore through the camera lense. In fact, she has become quite the photographer.



Here is one of my favorites.

I think she's pretty darn good! And I"m certainly not biased at all. Nope. Not at all.

That's it for today! Hope you are all having an adventurous summer, full of life and wonder:) 



No comments: